Monday, June 4, 2007

1984 Mercedes-Benz 300D

So, I used to own a VW Jetta. It was nice. A 2000 model, 5-speed, 2.0L 4 cylinder. Not a race car, but a good, reliable, fun car to drive. Well, I wrecked it, totaled it actually. Of course, that is only technical since I drove the thing home. Progressive, however, said it was totaled. So I had to find a new car.
After a couple of weeks of looking for something to drive I came upon the Benz. Not a speed demon, and not even really luxurious ride, but it is a Mercedes. The "D" in 300D stands for diesel. Yep, a diesel engine, with only 260,000 miles on it. I thought that was a great find, so I bought it.
So, now I have this car, and its running, and (mostly) everything works on it, but it is such a classic, and really deserves some custom attention. That's where this blog comes in. Here, I will record all of my exploring, and modding, and repairing that I do for/on my car.
Hope you enjoy, and leave a comment and tell me what you think about it (the car, the blog, whatever).

No comments: